Speaking of Popping …

You know how they always tell you to never leave a lit candle unattended? This is why:

image

Yes, kiddies, I was exceedingly stupid. I knew the candle in the glass jar was almost burned out. I knew that there were some dead matches that would catch fire and flare up. So what did I do?  I left it burning inn my office while I made my lunch.

Right around the time my grilled cheese was perfect, I heard a pop. I knew before I even raced back.

I was lucky to have not been standing beside the glass when it exploded. I was very lucky that the circle of fire on my side table was contained by the bottom of the candle holder, and was easily extinguished by the prompt application of a pot lid. (The extreme and creative cursing may have had something to do with it, too.)

Be smarter than me, okay? Because there’s no telling when the luck might burn out.

Advertisements