Okay, peeps. It seems we have turned a corner, weather-wise. Temperatures are finally beginning to creep past the freezing mark, the sun is shining, and rumor has it spring may actually show up again this year. WOOOOOHOOOOO!!
What does this mean for you? It means that it’s time for me to run my (sort-of) annual contest to Guess When The Snow Mountain Will Melt.
You see, there is a giant snow mountain at Tsarina’s school. Here’s how it looked on March 5:
The contest is very easy: Simply place your best guess as to the date on which that snow mountain will be no more.
Some fine print:
- Whoever comes closest to the total melt date without going over will be declared the King or Queen of the Mountain (aka the winner).
- Enter by leaving a comment on this blog entry OR by using the comment box on the sidebar OR by emailing me: email@example.com. Please put “Contest Entry” in the subject line.
- Entries must be received by 11:59 pm (Eastern time) Sunday, March 15.
- The winner will receive a $10 (U.S) gift card to the online bookstore (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Chapters, Books a Million) of his/her choice. And if it’s possible to do gift cards for Google Play and the iBooks store, then they’re included as well.
- Once an entry has been received, it can not be amended.
- One entry per person.
- You can find a good weather forecast for my area here.
Make your best guess, submit it, and have fun!
EDITED TO ADD:
When I walked Tsarina to school this morning, the mountain looked the way it does in the above photos. When I went to pick her up, I found that the mountain had been split in half, like so:
Yes, this will make it melt faster. For those who have sent in an entry already – I will email you to let you revise your estimate if you wish. Here’s hoping they don’t move the whole danged mountain and mess up my contest again!